Monday 8 April 2013

So what'd you do this summer, Sandy?

Ça fait plaisir de te revoir!

So the first thing you should know about me is that I'm a massive fan of Grease. I wouldn't even be able to tell you the amount of times I've seen this film, but seriously, it has to be in the 100s. And yes, I even love Grease 2.

How could you not like a film featuring a song about reproduction?! Seriously?!

I think the main reason I love these films so much is that it's the kind of make-believe world I want to live in. I want to have pink hair. I want to be able to break into song in my day-to-day life. I want to be able to wear disco pants and not look like a sausage in a bin bag.

To my dismay I have realised that no, I will never live in Grease. So having some time off from work recently, I decided that the next best option was to make some dresses inspired by the films so at least I could pretend if nothing else. So here's some images of inspirational
 outfits:



Firstly Cha Cha "The best dancer at St.Bernadettes" DiGregorio's floral dress with the blue ruffle. Unfortunately I can't find any better images of the whole dress, but you get the idea. As a kid I loved dress. Especially during  the spotlight dance when the lights go down and it starts to sparkle. I blame this dress for my obsession with anything glittery. The shape is oh-so-fifties, and exceptionally flattering on most figures, cinching in the waist and covering all those wobbly bits in the middle!



I'm loving the  tie detailing to Marty's bustier top, definitely something i'm going to try and play around with! 




And I just couldn't leave these ladies out! There is just something about an extremely tight pencil skirt that is so feminine, especially one made from  candy coloured wool! 

So there we go! I'll post up my grease inspired dresses once finished, right now i'm thinking polka dots and possibly a bit of leopard print?! Anyway, I'll stop blabbing on...

À la prochaine, 
Leonie x

No comments:

Post a Comment