Tuesday 19 March 2013

The beginning.

Interpretation of 1947 Christian Dior Jacket.
Bienvenue!

Attempting to this start this post is proving much more difficult than originally anticipated, so I'm  just going to explain why I'm doing this in the first place. 

I'm being productive.

After graduating in 2011 and a brief stint in the scary and elusive  "proper job", I decided to go back to university. I enrolled in a postgraduate course in Creative Pattern Cutting, which despite producing some absolute fluff including a very odd 1920s replica coat, i found my niche.

Yes, I Leonie Alenson, bloody love  1940's "New Look" jackets.  

So after 8 weeks of hard work, and possibly a small mental breakdown, I produced this. Which, for those who have more important things to do with their time than research 1940s jackets, is my interpretation of a 1947 Christian Dior "New Look"jacket. Currently the jacket is still in toiling fabric, but I will post the finished article when I've finally found a suitable fabric!
[The original can be seen here]

so, this brings me to the present. 

I'm currently working in a rather unfulfilling and pointless job whilst deciding whether to carry onto an MA. So this blog is to share my projects and inspiration during this time, and possibly continuing on through my Masters Degree. 

À la prochaine, 
Leonie x









No comments:

Post a Comment